
That's right...we're moving to S. Korea! It is amazing how quickly the word gets out so we are settling all rumors now that we have more information. We don't have all the details worked out but we know it is going to be a very quick process.
Ben works for ExxonMobil and has been assigned to the Arkutun Dagi topsides projects. He will be building the platform for offshore gas production off the coast of Sakhalin Island, Russia. The work takes place in the city of Okpo on the island of Geoje which is off the coast of Busan, S. Korea. It sounds like we'll be living in a expatriate community but aren't sure of all the details yet. We are pretty sure Ben will start work over there the first part of April. E and I will join him shortly after that once things are settled in Houston (selling the house and cars, moving things to storage, getting visas and a passport for E, etc). We will probably be there for about 2-2.5 years.
Shocked? We are too. We can't wait for all the new experiences we'll have. Of course, we'll keep the blogosphere posted as new information comes in!
Oh my goodness, seriously?! That is so exciting! And VERY adventurous! Good luck with everything, I'm sure it'll be an awesome experience :).
ReplyDeleteHoly Moly! That is BIG news!! What an adventure ahead of you! Good luck getting everything ready. We hope and pray all goes well with the packing and selling everything.
ReplyDeleteI am still so bummed that this couldn't have happened a year ago, or that we couldn't stay here for a little longer. I have a basil plant and other goodies to pass on to you when you get here!
ReplyDeleteWow what an adventure! I've always wanted to visit South Korea (weird I know) - so perhaps Shane and I can take a little trip over there to visit during the next 2-2.5 years!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting and scary (would be for me, at least) all at once! Hopefully it will be a great adventure!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS! Jeff told me the news last night and I woke up this morning thinking it was a dream! We need to chat about this. HOW FUN!
ReplyDeleteThis is how our kids reacted to the news...
ReplyDeleteAbby, "Oh really???"
Spencer, "Oh dang it."
Leann, "Will they have to learn a new language? Emma will have a passport? No fair!!"
Spencer, "Maybe when they get done there, they will come and live by us. Like across the bridge or something."
Abby, "Oh my gosh. Can't believe it. I'm not happy because we haven't even been to Houston yet."
Are you excited? If you are happy and excited, then we are happy and excited for you. Jon did say the fishing would have to be pretty incredible before he would come and visit. I say let's join in on the adventure and go visit anyway. I can honestly say that Korea was never on our list of places to visit but hey, why not? Especially if you are there!
Dude, this is crazy! Good luck with everything! This is very exciting news!!!!
ReplyDelete