Monday, August 29, 2011

You Know It's a Holiday in Korea...

When the grocery store is full of extremely over priced gift boxes of Spam, oil, fish, fruit, body wash, etc (you name it, they have it in a gift set). I think I saw a box of 6-8 Asian pears for about $80.

And when traditional honbok's are out for sale. (Yes, I might just have to buy one for E and use it as an art piece to hang on the wall in her room...they are beautiful!)

Chuseok is Korea's holiday similar to our Thanksgiving and is held September 11-13 this year. We are going to Jeju (Korea's Hawaii-like Island) the week before and then will be trapped inside our house for the holiday as everyone says not to travel and don't plan to eat out because everything closes and everyone is traveling to see family. We look forward to our first big Korean holiday in a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow... to the overprices spam and the beautiful outfits!

    ReplyDelete