Thursday, October 7, 2010

Captivating

The other day I was at the mall with E. Shopping wasn't going well so we made our way to the indoor play area to let her run around for a while. While we were there the funniest thing happened! She was probably the youngest walking kid in the area and the others ranged from about 18 month to 4 years. I looked over and E had a group of about 5-6 other kids following her around! They mimicked every move she made! If she went down and crawled, they all went down to crawl (yes, even the 4 year olds)...If she went running to one toy, they'd all go running. Of course E was totally oblivious to the fact that she had a following. I just found it amazing that all these kids wanted to follow this little girl who is stumbling on her feet and can't do everything that they can do. You don't see big kids following around little kids very often!

When I came home and told the hubs of this he said, "Well, yeah...E is captivating." That is what she is! Everywhere we go I am stopped by everyone (old, young, male, female...) telling me how cute she is or trying to talk to her. I'm not sure if it is those big blue eyes, that bald head, those chubby cheeks or what but something about my little E is just captivating...don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Bring her to Korea and she'll get an even bigger following. It's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally captivating :) Can't wait to get to know her better this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely captivating...especially when she adds some of those big delicious tears she makes! Love her!

    ReplyDelete