Saturday, May 28, 2011

Guksabong Peak

Today we decided to venture to the mountain side to find a trail to hike. It has been rainy the last couple days so we were ready to get out. We came across this path and started up. We weren't sure how far we'd go but we ended up summiting Guksabong Peak at 462 m (1,516 ft). Korean's don't believe in switchbacks or anything like that so we basically went straight up the mountain. It was so humid today it felt like we were in the rain forest. Unfortunately there were still several clouds (eventually we hiked right into them) because the view would have been incredible from the top. Here are a few photos from the trip.

(Please excuse the sweaty pits...E and I were just doing the Dora "we did it" dance. And yes, I am still wearing a shirt from high school...don't judge).

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie! It looks so beautiful there!! I am really enjoying your posts. I have never seen photos from Todd's birthplace. I would love to take him there some day! These pictures and your posts remind me of when we moved to Guam when the girls were 1 and 2. We got out and enjoyed the island and all the beaches and everything beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete