He was pretty shocked to find out. The timing was perfect for this special present as I had just found out a day or two before.
As we progressed with the pregnancy we started explaining to E that she was going to be a big sister. We would ask her if she wanted a baby sister or baby brother. She was always insistent it was a girl. We would even try to tell her that if it was a boy we would still love him, right? But she always came back with a firm, "no, a baby sister". As this progressed we asked her what the baby's name should be. The answer, "Mittens". We thought the name would be forgotten but she remembered baby Mittens.
Ultrasounds at 12 weeks. In Korea the doctor does an ultrasound each visit. It is fun to see the baby's progress so often!
I had a procedure done at 13 weeks to hopefully help this pregnancy run a little smoother than the last. It was nice to have my mom and brother here to help out while I was in the hospital and on a week of bed rest after the operation. I am now back to normal activity until things change (we hope they won't).
Last week at a check up after the operation (about 14.5 weeks along) we found out our little Mittens is another girl (at least 95% sure)! E was right this whole time (or shall we say we are lucky it's a girl so we don't have to battle with her). I couldn't be happier as I was maybe hoping for another girl. Ben may have slightly hoped for a little buddy but is happy to be outnumbered! I am due November 8 but she will probably come a little earlier than that. We have high hopes we can make it to 37 weeks this time!



CONGRATULATIONS!! This is so exciting! Two little ladies running around the house, you're going to love it!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute way to announce it to Ben! I always think it'd be fun to do something creative like that but then I end up getting too excited to do anything fun! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Stephanie and Ben!!! What wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I was checking blogs today and wondered if you guys were going to have another baby yet. Low and behold here's the news! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete