Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Adventures in Seoul

We planned a quick weekend trip to Seoul so Ben and I could go to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea) before this baby came.  Unfortunately we got a notice that the Joint Security Area was to be closed later that weekend for a 'mission'.  We decided to make the trip anyway.

Ben and I took advantage of the grandparent babysitters and went on a date to see Nanta!  It was a wonderful show similar to Stomp or one of those crazy music performances.  The show follows the story line of several chefs preparing for a wedding.  There was food flying, sharp knives, loud music and tons of humor.  We were more than pleased with the show!


Mom and I have been talking about a fish pedicure since we went to Thailand.  We found a little shop in Myong-dong market near their apartment.  Hilarious!  The fish eat the dead skin cells off your feet.  At first it tickled intensely then we started to get used to it.  I'm not sure words can describe the feeling but after 15 minutes we had some incredibly smooth feet!


One more things on our 'Seoul to-do list' was get glasses from the market.  Ben and I both got an exam, frames and lenses for under $90.  Not a great picture but aren't we just Korean cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment