
On Saturday E and I took a quick trip to Costco to pick up a few things. As we were cruising down one of the freezer sections a cute old man in a motorized cart stopped to admire little E. This isn't unusual for us so we stopped to say hi. He went on for a while telling me how I should have submitted her to be the next Gerber baby and how I could make millions off of her. After a while of chit chat he asked me if E likes ice cream. I said yes, not thinking of what would happen next. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out $6 and asked, "How much is ice cream these days? Like $5 or $6?" I tried to refuse the money saying we had a couple birthday parties we were going to and we didn't need anything. He insisted saying, "I just HAVE to buy her one. I retired 4 years ago as a millionaire and I still am...I don't need the money." We chatted a little more about his life until his wife (also in a motorized cart) yelled from across the room for him to leave us alone because he can't take E home.
What an adorable man! I feel bad because I didn't buy her an ice cream but we'll put that $6 in her piggy bank so when she's 3 and wants ice cream we can relive that moment. Just another captivated member of E's society.
What a cute story! Old people love babies. I love going to Costco or running any errand with Scarlett. You make so many friends...
ReplyDeleteOh my what a great story! We love EM!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! That is great that you have it written down so you can share with her when she is older. She will get quite a kick out of it.
ReplyDelete