I don't know about your family but in mine a meal is hardly a meal without meat. It may look gross but it's not...it's just meat (yes, the real stuff you buy fresh at the grocery store) cooked and canned in a pressure-cooker-canner. So for my 3-month supply I need 57 jars of chicken, 12 jars of ground beef and 9 jars of pork.

You just cut your meat and put in jars. Seal the jars and put it in that bad boy. Let it cook for about an hour and a half and...

Canned meat! So far I have 20 jars of chicken, 12 jars of pork, and 7 jars of ground beef. If I can faster than I use them I'll be there in no time. So here's to being prepared!
Don't you just love canning meat! I buy it when it goes on sale and stock up!
ReplyDeleteI really really want to try doing that. Let me know if you ever have your mom's pressure cooker at your house!
ReplyDeletep.s. I just clicked on your blog and Ike goes..."hey that's baby Emma!" CUTE!
Holy cow! I guess I should say dead cow actually. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great you are doing so much canning and food storage. Let me know next time and I will come over and do it too
Props, girl! Did you have to pay a pretty penny for the pressure cooker/canner?
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Our storage is definately lacking in the meat department. Do you have a website with guidlines for canning meat that you could send me? Do you fill it with water?
ReplyDelete