Last Saturday was the perfect example of the differences in a man's job and a woman's job and I couldn't help but share.
This is B, being a MAN. We're tearing up our tiny patio out back and making a large one with a pergola. He is such a Mr. Fixer and I love him for that! (More pics to come of our progress). While he was using these man tools this is what E and I were doing...
Yes, jam. I love making my own bread, canning meat, jams, etc. I've begun to sew (mostly toys for E...maybe we'll get to clothes at some point). I've just come to appreciate a woman's job and I'll choose jam over demolition any day!
there've been times when I have to be the one to fix something and yet it's funny, Spencer will still get the credit for fixing it. "Daddy fixed it." "Excuse me, Who fixed it?" i have to ask my kids. I enjoy doing both but I too prefer domestic jobs over the Houston humidity!
ReplyDeleteEmma gets more beautiful every day!
Haha! I can totally relate. But now I want some of that sweet jam you made! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Steph...this gives me hope to be a homemaker like you someday :)
ReplyDeleteWow!! Way to go woman! I am excited to see your new backyard...we will have to come enjoy it when you are done! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteGoooooo Steph! I am slowly getting there :)
ReplyDelete